Governing Body Info
Governing Body Information
Schools are run by a Governing Body which collectively works closely with the headteacher and senior management team of the school to ensure that all the pupils who attend the school get the best education and support possible.
The main duties include:
- Promoting high standards of education and achievement
- Setting direction, policies and objectives for the school’s long -term future
- Setting the School’s aims and values
- Approving the allocation and monitoring of the school budget
- Reviewing children’s progress
- Appointing staff
- Challenging and supporting the headteacher
The Governing Body is made up of different types of governors:
Currently the constitution of the governors is:
1 Local Authority
The total number of governor positions is 14.
- Parent Governors are elected by parents
- School representatives (elected by school staff)
- Local Authority Governors (appointed by the Local Authority)
Being a governor is an important commitment but a rewarding opportunity.
If you have any questions on any issues please do not hesitate to contact Mr Chris Bagguley, Chair of Governors or Mrs Sue Blackburn, Headteacher, or any of the governing body members. Messages can be left for governors at the school office.
Office telephone number 01772 728052
enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org